eDiplomaMCU: Parents Becoming Biggest Enemies of Their Children : Illiteracy or Intentionally?

Translate to my Language

Thursday, April 4, 2024

Parents Becoming Biggest Enemies of Their Children : Illiteracy or Intentionally?

After a long watch and dive into the society I have came to a point to discuss a crucial matter. It's really hard for me to give any conclusion on what's happening nowadays. I have been working as a social worker as a tutor for a long time. I have served for free of cost, and also tried to set boundaries to make realization of importance of education by deciding a half or more than half tuition fees for school students, I'm surprised to see the differences. 

In my journey I have been a seen various societies and various kinds of students and their behavior. In big city like in Bhopal, I found most of the students humble, sincere, well mannered, while in rural area where I'm serving nowadays, am witnessing most of the students and their background ponderable. In an answer on my Quora post I had mentioned about the toxic mentality and threat for me to leave the social work as a tutor in an NGO or my free educational services. I had to quit my work because some people were indulged into wrong activities.

Otherside I've again started giving tuitions with a vision, in a area where most of the students either go to school or have registered their name in schools but they don't have manners, they don't have basic understanding of primary education, most of middle students are unable to write in either Hindi or English, their basic concept of mathematical thinking is critical. This is all because of their toxic environment where most of the students / children see the drunk and abusive people. In the area where I have nowadays started work is close to town and is better in terms of social environment than previous one. Wondering thing for me is that their (students') parents don't restrict them using bad words, abusive language or indulging in drugging. 

In my case, whom I'm teaching nowadays are associated with blue color jobs, their parents have not get proper education themselves, or they are associated with wrong environment. But some belong to good environment, no parents would like their children be uneducated and illiterate, but laughable thing is most of people don't know the true value of education. I have seen a growing child becoming from mannered to unmannered and totally chasing wrong ethics and company.  

In my parents talk, I have discussed with some parents to give an exposure on the importance of education but some deny, some become in silent mode, some are ready or some are in doubt. I have taught children of high strata families too, but in this summer time I am focusing to improve the level of students of those background who have approached to wrong activities. Ultimately those students/children get trapped in street vendor jobs, or some labor jobs, need makes them fun of society and most people laugh at them. A growing child generally has no IQ to distinguish between the right and wrong, unfortunately their parents feel proud of getting damaged their children moral values and ethics, illiteracy becomes pride for some parents, this makes them the real enemy of their children.

I don't know the consequences, but in this journey I'm finding myself alone here, financially I'm not that much strong to cover everything easily, but some part of my earning is still going for betterment of unprivileged students. Person ruins a family, a family ruins a home, a home ruins a colony, a colony ruins a block of city, a city ruins many passengers. This is exactly what going on right now. Children are future youths who are in intoxication of mobile phones, reels, show offs, drugs, abusive environment. Better if someone makes himself away from this culture, but someone should come forward to amend the things properly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment